[cvsnt] cvsnt on ubuntu linux (8.04) cannot connect to host connection refused

nick humphrey nick.c.humphrey at gmail.com
Wed May 28 10:33:35 BST 2008

i ended up using the port number, but i tried it before i installed
telnetd and it didn't work.
without telnetd, the inetd.conf wasn't being read/used so that was the
problem. i just think it was odd that inetd.conf was present without
the actual inetd daemon being installed (it [openbsd-inetd] was in the
telnetd package).
there was also an update-inetd script present in the default ubuntu
installation, but that one didn't help at all even though i enabled
services using, there was no inetd actually running.

off topic: i just noticed that xinetd isn't installed by default
either and i read that xinetd is a more secure replacement of
inetd....interesting.

--
My sites:
http://nickleus.com