[cvsnt] Random problem with .rc files

Tilo Riemer triemer at vision-experts.com
Thu May 29 11:04:30 BST 2008

Suman Brar,

Am 29.05.2008, 11:56 Uhr, schrieb Sumanjit Kaur Brar <SBrar at quark.com>:

> In the problem which I mentioned in April, the .rc files were having
> some content duplicated(and junk) with a commit. Now case is slightly
> different as in this case, there are empty lines getting added with
> severy successive commit into the file after every line. This is
> happening only in case of a branch and only in case of few files.
>
> The client I am using is wincvs 2.0.2.4.

You should check the line ends of the affected files. Maybe they are
invalid (for instance something like \r\n\n).
WinCVS has (or had - some years ago) an option to convert line ends. But
if I remember right the conversion is only done in one direction and could
cause corrupted line ends.

Best regards,
Tilo Riemer