[cvsnt] 2.5.04.3125 (RC8) Very slow to start processing!

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Sun Nov 2 15:20:26 GMT 2008

Andry,

> I have finally fixed the problem.
>
> Both our primary and secondary DNS servers had been configured to use
> forwarders but no forwarders had been specified. I just checked the
> correct check box and CVSNT is now working as expected.

Great news.  Older versions of CVSNT were not signed (we started signing
releases in 2005 I think) and MS Windows will automatically try and
verify the signature - if your DNS is broken it'll need to wait for that
to time out.

> One day I might persuade someone to pay for CVSNT licences.

Contributing by purchasing licenses is the only way we can afford to pay
for the staff who write CVSNT and EVSCM (CVSNT 3.x).  Contributing code,
documentation, support on the newsgroup are also helpful.  Having just
completed a an expensive three year investment into CVSNT 3.x/EVSCM we
must encourage as many people as possible to pursuade their employer to
purchase some copies of CVS Suite 2008:
http://march-hare.com/cvsnt/

Regards,

Arthur