[cvsnt] Trigger to enforce certain code via regex, and Audit "diff" field

Howard Ha bluespire at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 18:47:53 GMT 2008

Hi everyone,

Two questions really.  We're using CVSNT 2.5.0.3 Scorpio (build 2704)
on  a freebsd platform.

1)  I use Auditing to a MySQL db and it works flawlessly, but one thing
that I never understood was that the CommitLog.diff field never stores
any diffs, instead it stores the exact same info as that found in the
CommitLog.Message field (the commit message).  Is this a bug or
configuration issue that I can correct?  It would be nice to have access
to the diffs.

2) Is there any way to create a commit trigger of some sort, that will
allow us to run a regex, or script to do some validation of code, before
allowing a commit?  We'd like to prevent developers from committing code
that contains certain debug code.

Thanks,
Howard