[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.5.04 build 3236 server really slow

jml at nykredit.dk jml at nykredit.dk
Wed Nov 5 15:58:04 GMT 2008

   Hi
   I've just installed CVSNT 2.5.04 build 3236, and I experience servere
   performance problems with this. Any CVS command I issue will take at
   least one and a half minute to complete - even "cvs version", which
   should answer immediately (I guess).
   Using Sysinternals "Process Explorer", I've managed to establish, that
   the spawned cvs-processes on the server are making tcp/ip requests to
   some foreign location with IP-adresses in the 199.7.something range,
   and these requests seems to take a looooong time. I guess the requests
   are blocked by the company firewall, but what are they good for?
   Regards
   Jørgen Møller Larsen