[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.5.04 build 3236 server really slow

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Nov 5 19:23:37 GMT 2008

Jørgen,

>   Hi
>   I've just installed CVSNT 2.5.04 build 3236, and I experience
> servere performance problems with this. Any CVS command I
> issue will take at least one and a half minute to complete -
> even "cvs version",

Read this thread all the way through to the end.  It contains instructions how to diagnose the problem and also the most common reason for the cause (DNS problems with verifying the signature on the EXE and DLLs):
http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2008-October/031355.html

Do NOT disable the statistics - this has not effect on performance since it is sent asynchronosly from the lock server and we really really need those statistics.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett