[cvsnt] CVS Server Side Reporting Tools?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Nov 8 16:27:22 GMT 2008

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 11:02:06 -0200, "Ronaldo Capaverde"
<capaverde at 3ia.com.br> wrote:

>We had implemented such this tool some time ago, when we migrated to 2.5.03.
>You can check this out at
>http://www.3ia.com.br/cms/index.php/download/37-cvsnt-hit

Interesting piece of code!
It could simply be made portable across database backends (supported
by the ADO system in Delphi) by making the hardcodes data in your ADO
components configurable.
For example the query texts themselves could be loaded into the SQL
property after the user selects the preferred back-end and the
database type could also be set in the same way.

I'll have a look at what it really does to see what is going on.

I guess one has to accept that the data pushed into the Audit database
this way will be limited. This is because there are stuff that simply
cannot be extracted from the RCS files like this because it is not
stored there, such as the date of tag setting as well as who set the
tag.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)