[cvsnt] CVS Server Side Reporting Tools?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Sun Nov 9 20:07:47 GMT 2008

Bo,

> - a CVSNT API through which one could call the
> database write functions to create the entries
> CVSNT Audit normally does for CVS
> operations.

Yes the CVSAPI already provides this, this is what I was originally suggesting.

Or you could do as Tony suggested and call the audit trigger (which is a clean C API), the only trick there is getting the sequence right and the parameters right since it's designed to be called from CVSNT server during the commit/tag/whatever operation.

> - a CVSNT API through which one could get the
> data needed to be used for the above calls.

I assume you mean to read the RCS data?  No - we have no API for that in CVSNT (though we do in EVS).

> Then the CVSNT settings for the Audit database would be
> used without the need for the external application to access
> the database directly

Yes I think that is a good goal.

Regards,

Arthur