[cvsnt] Betr.: Re: Betr.: Re: March-Hare message into my commit messages

Jan Keirse jan.keirse at tvh.be
Mon Nov 10 08:22:50 GMT 2008

 cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org schreef op 07/11/2008 17:44:46:

> I got interested in CVSNT and joined the list because it was a new
> concept to me and took awhile to get my head around it.  I participated
> on the list only partially to 'give back', but mostly to solidify my own

> knowledge -- and it worked extraordinarily well.  If CVS Suite was
> around when I started learning about CVSNT, and I had purchased it with
> the eBook*, it would have saved me countless hours of learning by trial
> and learning the wrong way.  Take the cost of CVS Suite into the number
> of hours I spent learning, and you're looking at sweatshop child labor
> rates.  There is a LOT of value in the product and services March Hare
> offers (yes, I get paid to say that, but it's true).

I would like to confirm this to everyone listening who hasn't bought the
product yet. I learned most of the things I know about CVS before I got
the eBook and it took me ages. I can confirm that the eBook alone is worth
the license fee, even without support it would. It saves numerous hours in
finding out how everything works and how things can or should be done. The
online manual is nothing compared to this!
And I'm not getting paid to say this ;-)

> ... And now to the big question ...
>
> If you have suggestions on how we can evangelize the CVS Suite and Pro
> products to get more sales in a less obtrusive way I would like to hear
> them.  What triggers you decide to open your wallet or go through the
> pain of your internal acquisition processes?

I was afraid this question would come but I have to admit: I honestly
don't know.

Maybe you can add a message to the website before you can download the
free version. Simply open a page with a clear description of the
advantages of buying the product. And the download link at the bottom. A
page without anything else, no other links, just a letter to the
downloader, it would be encouraging to read if it is like a surprise: "Hey
I didn't expect this, let's read it." Not the typical license agreement
nobody reads anyway.

Kind Regards,

JAN KEIRSE
ICT-DEPARTMENT
Software quality & Systems: Software Engineer
Tel.:    +32 56 43 42 45
Fax:    +32 56 43 44 46
E-mail: jan.keirse at tvh.com
Contactsheet: JAN KEIRSE TVH FORKLIFT PARTS nv-sa -  BRABANTSTRAAT 15 -
B-8790 WAREGEM
Take a break to visit our site and tell us how we can help you today:
www.tvh.com Before printing I think about the environment.
**** DISCLAIMER ****
<A HREF="http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html">
http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html </A>

"This message is delivered to all addressees subject to the conditions
set forth in the attached disclaimer, which is an integral part of this
message."