[cvsnt] Betr.: Postgresql database for Audit with CVSNT on Ubuntu?

Jan Keirse jan.keirse at tvh.be
Fri Nov 14 08:33:20 GMT 2008

 cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org schreef op 13/11/2008 23:02:46:

> I have successfully installed cvsnt in Ubuntu 8.10:
> sudo apt-get install cvsnt
>
> Then I have also installed postgresql:
> sudo apt-get install postgresl
>
> Both these installs were real simple as you can see....
>
> Now I would like to know if anyone here has used postgresl and can
> guide me through the steps to create the needed Audit database for
> CVSNT using the sql script bundled with cvsnt.
>
> The script is supposed to be located somewhere, but I have not the
> slightest clue as to where this is...
> I know its name (create_tables_postgres.sql) but where can I find it
> on Ubuntu after the install done as shown above?
>
> And when it is found, how do I command postgresl to use the script to
> create the audit database?
>
> I am really new to Linux/Ubuntu and have never used postgresql (I am
> proficient using MSSQLServer, but this does not help outside Windows).

Hello,

you can locate files on linux with the locate command.
locate create_tables_postgres.sql
If it complains the database with the files on your system isn't there yet
you can create it by running updatedb (as root.)
I believe the command line client for postgresql (to load the database) is
psql, but I haven't used it in 4 years time so I'm not entirely sure. When
I did use it postgres was very well documented, so you should be able to
find what you need in the official documentation.

Kind Regards,

JAN KEIRSE
ICT-DEPARTMENT
Software quality & Systems: Software Engineer

**** DISCLAIMER ****
<A HREF="http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html">
http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html </A>

"This message is delivered to all addressees subject to the conditions
set forth in the attached disclaimer, which is an integral part of this
message."