[cvsnt] Possible Audit problem....

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Nov 14 19:19:45 GMT 2008

I have looked in the sql scripts used to create the audit database
tables and I have located a possible problem:

The Sessionlog.Client column is defines as varchar(64)

Apparently Audit stores the version string reported by the client into
this column and I have found that there may be a problem in this area
since the verboseness of the version string has increased a lot.
Here is what my client reports:
"Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.04 (Zen) Build 3055 (Release
Candidate 7)"
In my database I see that CVSNT adds " (cvsgui active)" to the end of
the client version string. Clearly this is approaching/passing the
limits of a 64 char column....

I'd suggest that the column width is changed to at least 128 chars to
accommodate the data actually possible to receive.
I have encountered this problem before and reported it but it seems
like the sql scripts have not changed.
When a client connects with a long version string then there will be
an abort of the commands if the audit cannot do its thing.

(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)