[cvsnt] CVS Server Side Reporting Tools?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Mon Nov 17 04:39:01 GMT 2008

Tony,

> It's a lot more than a couple of days work..  most of the API
> is C++ and has all sorts of dependencies.

I was thinking of a very very basic implementation of just
CGlobalSettings and CLibraryAccess, not the whole API.

Besides I didn't say I'd finish it in a couple of days, but that it'd
give Bo something to work with, eg: if Bo can see what pattern I'm
following then maybe he or someone else can offer to finish it off
themselves...

COM is an interesting suggestion, but I wouldn't spare more than a
couple of minutes thinking about it until someone confirmed that things
like Delphi really play well with it.  I know from experience that even
though Uniface supports COM there are many COM types that it doesn't
support and I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that other languages
have similar limits on the COM support.  Secondly many developers 'need'
to learn how to call Win32 'C' functions but never bother to learn how
to call COM functions.  At least any effort put into a 'C' API (for want
of a better term) will benefit the largest possible base of users
(windows/hp/solaris etc).

Regards,

Arthur