[cvsnt] creating a repository on Windows Xp Sp3

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Nov 26 10:41:36 GMT 2008

Sanjeev, Neeraja (GE Infra, Energy) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to create a repository in temp location on Windows Xp Sp3
> PC  for logging in and it keeps failing .
>
> When I see a repository folder on PC, it shows only the CVSROOT folder
> but not the CMS_USER_DATA.
>
> That is the reason for the login failure. But same works on Sp2.

There's no real difference between xp sp2 and sp3, so it won't be the
problem.

When you create a repository you would only expect to see CVSROOT.  Any
extra modules you will have to import yourself.

The existence or not of any imported modules has nothing to do with your
ability to login (in fact to import you'd probably have to login in the
first place, unless you were doing everything locally which isn't
recommended).