[cvsnt] ems installation issue

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Oct 7 15:11:23 BST 2008

Antonio,

> I'm trying to install evs, and when the installer

There is a separate newsgroup for EVS, you can subscribe here:

> try to start the service,
> I get an error like this
>
> "Can't find the entry point GetNameInf
> in the dynamic link librery ws2_32.dll"
>
> I'm trying install it in a machine with Windows 2000 server with SP4.

EVS Server supports Windows Server 2003 SP1 and better and requires SQL Server 2005 or better.  If you need to run the server on Windows 2000 then I suggest CVSNT Server instead.

I've already modified the next build of the installer to inform users during install that these are the requirements so that in future users will not hit this problem.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett