[cvsnt] Help the CVSNT project

Luigi D. Sandon cp at sandon.it
Thu Oct 9 15:46:24 BST 2008

> other commercial 'CVSNT clients' do not financially support the project.

The problem is that some companies may be induced to buy a cvs client
instead of a cvsnt suite package -  especially Windows developers - because
the os server works well, while a good client is not easy to find. WinCVS
development have been still since February 2007, and many developers (me
included) do not like shell extensions like Tortoise. If money has to be
spent somewhere, the choice may be to buy a decent client, especially where
people do not need advanced features like replication, or can easily
implement them with other free tools (i.e. we use CruiseControl and easily
integrated CVSNT with Mantis).

IMHO cvsnt suite would be much more interesting if it could offer a good
client (not custom version of os packages) bundled, especially if it
integrated the administrative features of Workspace Manager.

--
Luigi D. Sandon