[cvsnt] not a valid editor of the file

Sumanjit Kaur Brar SBrar at quark.com
Tue Oct 14 10:47:27 BST 2008

Hi,

I am also facing similar problem. When I try to take an edit for the file, cvs server refuses and shows that another user has taken it for editing.

cvs edit -c -- abc.txt (in directory C:\Test\)
abc.txt	rrapplean	Thu Oct  9 21:33:59 2008 GMT	RRapplean	C:\cvs\
cvs [edit aborted]: Files being edited!

I tried using reserved edit, force edit but nothing worked. Can I forcibly unedit the file from server end or do I have to ask the user to explicitly unedit the file.

Regards,
Suman Brar