[cvsnt] 2.5.04.3125 (RC8) Very slow to start processing!

Andy Southby asouthby at drumgrange.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 07:53:55 GMT 2008

Arthur,

The telnet test to the lock server was indeed instant.

Firstly I am no WireShark expert :) (In fact I have never used it
before!).

But I think I am seeing the problem.

When I issue the 'cvs' command there are repeated requests from the
'cvslock service' (I believe this is the source) to both the primary and
secondary DNS servers for:

'Standard query A crl.verisign.com'
many times every few seconds then
'Standard query A csc3-2004-crl.verisign.com'
a few times every few seconds then
'Standard query A csc3-2004-crl.verisign.com.<domainname>.local'
twice to the secondary DNS server which responds immediately to both as
'No Such Name'

then the command completes.

'lock server listens locally' is set on.
'zeroconfig' option is set to 'none'.

I take it that your domain has access to the internet and thus resolves
these addresses?

Regards,
Andy.