[cvsnt] CVSNT and TortouiseCVS question

Brian Reese breese at boston-engineering.com
Fri Oct 31 15:43:17 GMT 2008

I originally sent this issue to the TortoiseCVS mailing list, but i was instructed that this was a CVSNT issue, so here it is:

I'm using TortoiseCVS 1.10.8. My clients are on WindowsXP SP3. My CVS server is Concurrent Versions System 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382. CVSRoot value: N/A

My issue is relatively trivial. Clients are having significant speed issues with checking out a directory directly to a Flash Drive. Compared to checking out directly to a hard drive, the speeds are much slower. To quantify, I would say about 2 to 3 times longer. The reason I don't attribute it to slower transfer speeds over usb 2.0, is because older versions handled this seamlessly. We have tried this with versions 1.10.8 and 1.10.9 in combination with different host computers. Still the issue persists. The current workaround is checkout to desktop then copy to flash drive. Any insight to the problem would be helpful, I'm not even sure it's a bug. If this is me having something misconfigured, please feel free to yell at me (ideally with the solution :) ). Thanks guys.

Brian

Brian Reese
IT Desktop Support
Boston Engineering