[cvsnt] CVSNT and Active Directory/LDAP

Dries Feys dries.feys at tvh.be
Tue Sep 2 15:56:54 BST 2008

Hello,

1) : http://www.cvsnt.org/manual2/html/, especially remote repositories &
sspi - Take a look at tortoisecvs too.
2) dunno, we started with cvsnt

Met vriendelijke groeten, Cordialement, Regards,

DRIES FEYS
ICT-DEPARTMENT
Software quality & Systems: Senior Software Engineer

Ganesh 2 Subramanian <ganesh.2.subramanian at ampf.com>
Sent by: cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org
02/09/2008 16:42

cvsnt at cvsnt.org
cc
SE Tools Answers <SE_Tools_Answers at ampf.com>
Subject
[cvsnt] CVSNT and Active Directory/LDAP

Hi,

We are looking for making the authentication of CVS through Active
directory or LDAP.

Current CVS set up

CVS Version - 1.11.21 (client/server)

OS - CVS installed in Sun solaris server.

Authentication - Uses pserver mechanism  for authentication. Passwords are

currently stored in passwd file.

 I learned from google that CVSNT can support authentication using Active
directory or LDAP.So need the the following details to investigate this
option further.

1) Is there a documentation or manual available which explains in detail
about authentication via Microsoft Active directory/LDAP for CVSNT
server?.

2) We are also looking for a guide that would explain in detail about the
Migration steps from CVS to CVSNT. We would want to know how
easy/difficult it is.

3) Please provide us the changes/modifications needed for the current set
up
to authenticate against Active directory/LDAP using CVSNT.

Thanks in Advance,

Ganesh Subramanian

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended
recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information.
use, or distribution of the information included in this message
and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and
immediately and permanently delete this message and any
attachments. Thank you."