[cvsnt] Locking the HEAD/Branch - Is there one good document??

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Sep 4 11:23:03 BST 2008

Gromer ,

As stated before - Read the FAQ:
http://www.march-hare.com/cvspro/faq/faq2.asp#2z

There is no reason to be "confused" - it works precisely as described in the manual (other sources are likely very old and irrelevant).  In particular "locking" in CVS parlance means something different - you are insterest in "access control" NOT "locking".

If you have problems then you need to describe the problem including exactly what you have done, the exact commands the exact configuration files and the exact error message.  All this is explained in the Frequently Asked Questions list above.

Regards,

Arthur