[cvsnt] Locking the HEAD/Branch - Is there one good document??

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Sep 9 03:59:51 BST 2008

Gromer,

> i have the tortoise SSH client version

This is not needed (see thread on the TCVS newsgroup), CVSNT has a built
in SSH client (Putty) so you can just use :ssh:server:/repo

> When i tried to set access permissions from my
> client pc i got an error message saying no permiss
> cvs server: User 'gromer' cannot modify permissions
> for /Product_1/folder1on tag/branch PRODUCT_!

OK - easy.  Just add yourself to the Domain or Local Administrators
group then it'll work.

Don't believe anything you read about a file called 'admin' in the
CVSROOT (since you are not a local or domain administrator you cannot
create such a file).

> So i tried on the CVS server...

Don't touch the CVS Server - it's off limits - everything you need to do
can be done from the client.

Regards,

Arthur