[cvsnt] Checkout Multiple TAG's - solved

Jandir Bezerra jandirbezerra at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 18:24:11 BST 2008

> what revision of the file is brought
> to the destination folder? The last tag? The first? Randomly?

It brings the last revision.

> And how do you order tags? By date? Alphabetically? By time and branch? And how do you
> order branches? By level? By time?

I wrote this small code to bring only tags ordered alphabetically.

> Didn't ever crossed your mind that if CVS does not allow to checkout multiple tags at once *there could be a good
> reason*, maybe?

No. How I would know it? I'm new to CVS, I'm learning it yet.

> Do you think you really solved it? Good luck...
Yeees I sure did! Our case was very simple. All we want was to bring a
group of file(...30 maybe...) which were taged by two diferent tags.
That's all.
I just didn't know how to do it in Tortoise (which is the client we use here).

> those super-hiper-mega experts understood that under its naivety
> your question was more complex than you thought - because they know very
> well how CVSNT and tags work. If asking a clarification to better help you
> questions you honour, well, this attitude won't bring you far in any
> newsgroup I know.

Sorry if I made my question seems complex. It wasn't actually.
I thought it was enough clear but..... Albert is right when he says
that "It is always the person who receives your request that is the
best judge as to whether that request is clear".

And I didn't mean to run out of the subject from this CVS mailing list
with these comments.
My apologizes for you Luigi, for Albert and for Glen, ok.

Let's get back to what we all do better... software.

Best regards!