[cvsnt] Questions and problems according moudles and modules2

Attila Strba strba at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 26 11:11:56 BST 2008

Hi guys,

We have been using modules2 for a longer time to share source code. Lately I have  found the following trouble (bug in CVSNT?):

Module TEST wants to use a shared code from ASICAPI
Module ASICAPI uses a shared code from module UMODULES. In such configuration I get always an error

1. If I delete one dependency (i.e. API uses no more UMODULES) than it works.  Any idea how to solve this?

modules2:

[CVS_ASICAPI_DB]
"SourceCode/ASIC_API/HAL" = "CVS_UMODULES_DB/ASIC_Drivers/HAL"

[CVS_TEST_DB]
"SourceCode/ASICAPI_LIB" = "CVS_ASICAPI_DB/Release/ASICAPI_LIB"

But that's not enough. I needed to find fast a solution, I spent 4hours reading all the mail discussions and  so I decided to use modules instead of modules2. I migrated the dependencies in the following way to the modules file (deleted from modules2):

sh_ASIC_Drivers-ASICAPI -d SourceCode/ASIC_API/HAL CVS_UMODULES_DB/ASIC_Drivers/HAL
CVS_ASICAPI_DB CVS_ASICAPI_DB &sh_ASIC_Drivers-ASICAPI

sh_ASICAPI_LIB-TEST -d SourceCode/ASICAPI_LIB CVS_ASICAPI_DB/SourceCode/Release/ASICAPI_LIB
CVS_TEST_DB CVS_TEST_DB &sh_ASICAPI_LIB-TEST

2. It worked I was happy I thought the suffering is over. BUT when now I try to tag the folder in CVS_ASICAPI_DB/SourceCode/ASIC_API/HAL (which contains several subdirectories) I got an error on a subdirectory on a file: error file not found. But the file is there.... Any idea?

3. Last question we are using 2 repositories and it is possible that we need shared source code from one repository to the other but neither modules2 or modules supports this. Any idea?

I would be very glad if someone could guide me what do I do wrong.
BTW my CVSNT version is 2.5.03 build 2382 (would it help an update to the beta build)?

thanx

Attila