[cvsnt] sync-protocol questions

Carsten.Pfeiffer at gebit.de Carsten.Pfeiffer at gebit.de
Mon Sep 29 11:18:44 BST 2008

Hi,

I've been trying to read up on the sync protocol, but I've got some
questions left:

http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2008-May/030642.html describes how to
use rsync/unison
to perform the synchronization, either using a cronjob or a postcommit
hook.

I'm wondering what would happen if a client commits something to a slave,
which is currently
not in sync with the master (with just one server they would have a
conflict). The slave would
probably happily accept the commit, but the next rsync would fail due to
the conflict, I suppose?

Does the commercial version contain a more failsafe synchronization
option? Also, does it work
synchronously or asynchronously on commit, i.e. would a commit have to
wait until the synchronization
to all slaves is finished?

Thanks,
Carsten