[cvsnt] Betr.: CVSNT to CVS

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Wed Apr 8 10:41:56 BST 2009

> From: Tony Hoyle
> Doesn't matter to us - since all
> clients are equal if someone wants to do something not
> supported on one clent they just use a different one.

*chuckle* I hope your product manager has flagged that one for review.  May I suggest reading up on "the curse of knowledge" and re-evaluating it?

Users are picky about the tools they use, and many (perhaps most) are very unhappy about going outside their comfort zone.  This is true of techies as much as anyone else, as version control tools are generally auxiliary to their work rather than core to it so few will want to delve deeply into the toolset.  I suspect - without proof! - that most users will blame the product and walk away, rather than reach for a different client.

I accept this is my opinion, and I'm presenting no proofs.  I really hope I'm wrong.  But I just have that feeling....

                - Peter