[cvsnt] Error reading from server xx.xx.xx.xxx: 0: No such file ordirectory

Gaurav Chhabra messagegc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 15:11:12 BST 2009

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for all the info!

I did some changes in the cvspserver file but I'm still not able to connect
to the server. :(

>>> Wrong.  You've not specified a valid server and the args are wrong for
CVSNT, see these examples:
---> I could not get what the correct 'arg' should be. I've read the manual
but I'm not getting it. can you please tell me whether the following is
correct?
--------------------------------
service cvspserver
{
    socket_type = stream
    protocol    = tcp
    wait        = no
    user        = cvs
    passenv     = PATH
    server      = /usr/local/bin/cvsnt
    server_args = -f --allow-root=/usr/local/cvsrep authserver
    disable     = no
}

I am getting the following error while using WinCVS:

cvs -z9 -d :pserver:cvs at 10.5.68.161:/usr/local/cvsrep/ login

Logging in to :pserver:cvs at 10.5.68.161:2401:/usr/local/cvsrep/

cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server 10.5.68.161 rejected
access to /usr/local/cvsrep/ for user cvs

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****
> [root at localhost cvsnt]# cat PServer
> Repository0=/usr/local/cvsrep/
> Repository0Name=/usr/local/cvsrep/
>>> Do not set your 'alias' to be the same as your physical path - it
defeats the point and reduces security.
---> Thanks! I'll do this once I'm able to connect.

Regards,
Gaurav