[cvsnt] Update set to wrong repository - how to fix - and other questions

Mike Kay mikekay at channelk.ca
Wed Apr 22 20:45:46 BST 2009

Thanks a lot for the response.  The auditing document from Bo Berglund is
awesome - only one thing missing - the links mentioned for the query
analyzer.

Can anybody suggest a query analyzer program that will work with SQLite on
a Windoze Server 2003 box.

Thanks a lot.

>> From: Mike Kay
>> Greetings.  I can upload a complete repository fine, the
>> connection works
>> and the upload works, but when I try to run the update command I get a
>> message that says /test: no such repository - which is
>> correct - there is
>> no test repository, but where can I change this setting to the proper
>> repository?
>
> You might do better asking on the WinCVS list, as I assume that's what
> you're using as a client?
>
>> Also - I need to be able to track how often the repository is updated,
>> what was changed - and who changed it. Can anybody point out
>> to me what I
>> need to have setup to enable this? Then, what I use to get this
>> information?
>
> You need to set up auditing.  I've not done this, but a possibly relevant
> tutorial is at http://web.telia.com/~u86216177/CVSNTAuditing.html.  You
> audit into a database; then you can use standard database tools to get at
> the data.
>
>> One other thing - I get an error message on start up that
>> says Shell is
>> not available because Python is not installed. I did install
>> it, version
>> 2.6 - and it is not being recognized. How can I fix this?
>
> You might do better asking on the WinCVS list, as I assume that's what
> you're using as a client?
>
>                 - Peter

The highest achievement possible is compassion.