[cvsnt] CVSNT auditing

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Apr 24 19:02:34 BST 2009

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:27:07 -0400 (EDT), "Mike Kay"
<mikekay at channelk.ca> wrote:

>Greetings.  Thanks Bo for writing the excellent document to enable and
>configure auditing on cvsnt. The only problem I'm having is with the Quert
>Analyzer. Quoted below is a paragraph from that document - I cannot find
>the links mentioned for appropriate uery Analyzer type program.
>
>Can anybody suggest what to use for this? I used SQLite.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Quote"Here is where the fun starts! When you have the auditing data inside
>the database you can play with it using standard database queries anyway
>you like to! Just open the appropriate Query Analyzer type program and
>enter your SQL queries there.
>I have listed links to a number of tools appropriate for SQLite above,
>these all come with some form of query entry and execution function. For
>the SQL Server type database the Microsoft Query Analyzer is a very good
>tool for analyzing the database contents."

Hi,
I have not looked at this tutorial page for some considerable time but
now I tested the links in the SQLite tools section and they all work
except the one for SQlite Explorer. However if you Google "sqlite
explorer" you will get a ton of hits where the explorer is
mentioned...

When I say "Query Analyzer style interface" I compare to the tool I am
using on a daily basis for my SQLServer work, the Microsoft Query
Analyzer.
If you have not used that then of course this makes no real sense to
you, but it is a tool with a pane where you type in your SQL queries
and then a second pane where the result of the query execution is
shown. To get the panes you connect to the database server first.

For other database systems including SQLite there are similar tools
available and this is what I meant.
There is no download available for the Microsoft Query Analyzer and it
only works against a SQLServer database server.

(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)