[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.5.04 build 3236 slow on Windows 2008 Server

Mika Sipila mika.sipila at prowellness.com
Mon Apr 27 10:46:08 BST 2009

Hello Peter,

> Have you disabled real-time scanning on at least the CVSNT repository and
temp directories?  If not, you can expect slow and possibly erratic running.

No, we hadn't - have done that now. However, we think the symptoms are
related to something else, as the step to do "client start - client_protocol
->connect" still takes roughly 2 minutes 15 seconds with the SYSTEM account
- after changing to Administrator account this is immediate/very quick, no
delays occur at all.

10:35:46:   -> main loop with
CVSROOT=:sspi:Administrator at dev2:2401/cvsroot_repository
10:35:46:   -> start_server(0)
10:35:46:   -> client start - client_protocol->connect
10:38:02:   -> client start - Loop, getting responses from the server.
10:38:02:   -> client start - got "I LOVE YOU"

regards
Mika