[cvsnt] CVSNT Auditing continued

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Apr 29 00:05:01 BST 2009

Bo,

> This %PREFIX% stuff is presumably replaced by CVSNT with something,
> which in my case turns out to be "CVSNT."

It's defined in the Audit plugin settings in the control panel on the
server.

> The result is that new tables are created in the databse with similar
> but different names. I now have duplicates in the database:
>
> dbo.CommitLog  AND CVSNT.CommitLog
> dbo.HistoryLog AND CVSNT.HistoryLog
>                    CVSNT.SchemaVersion
> dbo.SessionLog AND CVSNT.SessionLog
> dbo.TagLog     AND CVSNT.TagLog

It looks like when you upgraded that you used a prefix (CVSNT) when you
did not before (dbo could be the default) or you previously used dbo as
a prefix.  See below for more explanation...

> The column names are different between the tables too, for instance in
> SessionLog I have Date (dbo) and StartTime (CVSNT)

Yes that is correct.  I thought there was a bug because there was no
rename in the MSSQL upgrade file, but I must have simply misread it.

> There is now data spread over two sets of tables, not the best
> approach.

I cannot think of any way that the 'upgrade' scripts can create tables -
my guess is that someone has pressed 'create tables' on the Audit plugin
after setting a new prefix.

You should be able to fix it using 'select into' from the old table to
the new ones - the upgrade scripts are supposed to upgrade your tables
not create new ones...

Regards,

Arthur