[cvsnt] Some doubts configuring my CVSNT server

Daniel Branco dbranco at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 10:12:23 BST 2009

Hi @ll,

I'm configuring a CVS server and I'm having a little problems about remote
connections, I will describe the whole process implemented by me then you
can tell me in which step I fail:

1.- Download and install "cvsnt-server-2.5.04.3510.msi"
2.- Create a folder: "C:\CVSrepositories"
3.- Open CVSNT Control Panel stop services.
4.- Add repositories.
5.- Set the domain from (default) to "MyDomain"
6.- Start services in the about tab.
7.- Run command prompt, and "set cvsroot=:sspi:MyDomain:/CVSrepositories"
8.- In Command Prompt cvs login
9.- There is no error (Until here everything is fine on local machine), then
cvs logout.
10.- cvs passwd -a User1 (First, of course, I create an user in domain
MyDomain)
11.- Again set cvsroot=:pserver:User1 at MyDomain:/CVSRepositories
12.- cvs login
13.- Everything cool, cvs logout.
14.- Let's reset cvsroot once again, set cvsroot=:pserver:User1 at IP-ADDRESS
:/CVSRepositories
15.- cvs login
16.- Error, I changed the cvsroot to "set
cvsroot=:pserver:MyDomain\User1 at IP-ADDRESS:/CVSRepositories" and does not
work. Also i tried to add the user with -r option and does not work, too.

Please help, I'm getting crazy, I hope this steps are enough clear in order
to understand my problem and help me, anyway do not hesitate in ask me for
any clarification.

Thanks in advance and Regards,
Daniel Branco