[cvsnt] checkout with '-r tag ' option error

李巧霞 liqx at stelcom.com.cn
Mon Aug 24 07:53:15 BST 2009

The server is CVSNT 2.0.41a, the client is wincvs or tortoise cvs.

When try to checkout a project with a tag, the server don’t have any
response, seems the server is stopped . the command is :

cvs checkout -P -r R1_16_MOBIN100T32(3204)_GTW70_20090220 MOBIN100-GTW70-tst
(in directory G:\temp)

but it isn’t always stuck, occasionally I can checkout the same tag . There
are a lot of  tags in this project, every tag has the same problem, also
there are a lot of project have this same problem ,anyone know why?

I also check the status of the server when the problem occurred, the cpu is
8% used, the memory is 786M used, the total memory is 2G. Please help,
thanks a lot.

Wendy Li

8-24-2009