[cvsnt] Can the user have no write access to the repository drive and still commit files?

Tzamouranis, Yannis Yannis.Tzamouranis at aegon.com
Thu Aug 27 20:39:40 BST 2009

Hello.

Question from a newbie user: I apologize if this question is too basic.
I recently convinced my IT department to install (Tortoise) CVS and they
are going through the process of learning.

Assume the repository is this: B:\Repository

The old file system, B:\OtherStuff is being depleted and used to
populate the new repository.

At this point, I would like to remove write access of all users from
B:\repository so as to force them to use CVS to check in and check out
files.

When the access to B:\Repository was reduced to Read Only, I could 'add'
but no longer 'commit' files through CVS.

Is it possible to limit access to the B drive (so people do not change
files uncontrollably) and still be able to use CVS?

My IT guy seems puzzled...

The system is Windows XP

Thank you for any information you provide me with.

Yan

ATTENTION:
This email message (including any attachments) may be confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message (including any attachments) from your system. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this message without the authority of AEGON N.V. is strictly prohibited and that no rights can be derived from such distribution.