[cvsnt] lock service eating resources

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Feb 11 13:40:09 GMT 2009

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> Looks like cvslockd does really weird things. It selects with very low timeout
> (~1s) which renders 1-1.5% cpu usage all the time on my notebook.

It wakes up, checks a couple of things and falls asleep again.  When
idle it'll not use even a measurable amount of CPU - a few cycles a second.

I just looked at one of our sample servers and the usage is 0%, as
expected.

When under load its CPU usage can get quite significant (although the
amount is small compared to the main cvsnt processes).