[cvsnt] Switching from CVS to CVSNT

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Feb 19 01:39:39 GMT 2009

Please send your messages in plain text - particularly if they are long,
the mailing list goes to a lot of people and many don't like to receive
large messages (which all HTML messages are).

> I was just on evscm.org and only see a
> Windows server version and don't see any
> support for Redhat rpm or installers.
> Is there an EVS release for Redhat?

We wrote the EVSAPI libraries as cross platform and so it shouldn't be
too hard - but will depend on the database chosen (the windows builds
use SQL Server).  Some volunteers have been fixing compile errors on
linux for each of the beta releases which has been a great help.  Join
evs-dev mailing list if you are interested in joining in the effort.

Our current priorities are governed by the requirements of our
fee-paying customers, and I am unsure if red hat is even of mild
interest to them (the current frontrunner for a non-windows port is
Solaris 10 sparc+oracle).  But of course it is early days and if we get
enough interest for a linux version then we'll provide it.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett