[cvsnt] Binary file issue in update - CVSNT

Chuck Kirschman Chuck.Kirschman at Nosp_am.bentley.com
Thu Feb 19 16:55:24 GMT 2009

Answered here several times.  You're most likely using tortoise, makes
all your binary files exclusive edit.  Whether it's correct or not is a
matter of preference, though it does seem to cause a lot of confusion.

You can either do a "cvs edit" on the files before committing, or use
"cvs update -k-x" and "cvs commit -f" on the files to remove the option.