[cvsnt] Problem with :sspi: protocol and account locking policy.

Deepak Jagga deepakjagga at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 09:33:49 GMT 2009

I am using cvsnt 2.5.03 scorpio build 2260 in the organization with windows
vista business edition. We have an account locking policy enabled on our
systems by the administrator.

I observed that while working sometimes the winsock settings get corrupted
and sometimes the account gets locked. I read it in the archives that the
winsock getting corrupted can be due to antivirus software. I am using 'CA
Etrust antivirus'.

I am listing the two messages which generally give problem to me:

   1. 'cvs [ls aborted]: Error reading from server WI125BQNQ1BS: -1: Unknown
   error'- when this message comes my account gets locked and it generally
   comes when there has been a change in the password of the system.
   2. cvs [ls aborted]: authorization failed: server WI125BQNQ1BS rejected
   access to /repository for user jaggdeep- when this message comes, the
   winsock get corrupted and have to reboot the system after doing a 'netsh
   winsock reset' on the command prompt.

I just wanted to know whether there is a way to know what thing is causing
the problem. Also if there is a way to get away from these problems.

Thank you

Deepak Jagga