[cvsnt] Add a bug id after committing?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Jan 20 00:44:10 GMT 2009

Gerhard,

> is it possible to add a bug id to a commit after the fact?
> Maybe similar
> to how it is possible to modify the commit comment after committing?

I discourage the use of the 'cvs admin' command verb, however *adding*
to a checkin comment or *adding* additional user defined changesets (bug
id's) may be valid business requirements - except I still don't think
the admin verb is the 'right' place for them - hopefully this is
something that can be improved upon later in EVS.

You could try 'cvs admin -p 1.21.2.79.6.5:bugid=5154' but I'm not really
sure if that's ever been tested..., it's certainly not documented in the
manual...

Regards,

Arthur