[cvsnt] CVSNT client resets ACLs?

Oliver Schneider Borbarad at gmxpro.net
Tue Jan 27 22:26:15 GMT 2009

Hi,

we have a mixed environment and thus both Windows and Linux clients commit to the CVS repo in question. The server is running good old CVS, not CVSNT (apparently no way to upgrade :-( ...).

Anyway, it appears that on my machine (Windows 2003) the CVSNT client included in TortoiseCVS takes away the right to execute a file on occasion (this is reflected by the x bits on that file in the repo itself), which is highly annoying with scripts (which always need this, be it .cmd or .pl).

Any chance to inhibit this behavior through configuration? I'd prefer if the client wouldn't meddle with my ACLs and simply inherit from the parent folder.

Thanks in advance for any useful replies,

// Oliver