[cvsnt] Problem with cvs export fails randomly ("Directory notempty" & "Entries.Log" errors)

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Jul 16 22:24:31 BST 2009

Sriharsha B,

> Interestingly the number of projects it exports are different for each
> execution and every time the error message I get is:
>
> "*cvs export: cannot remove CVS directory: Directory not empty*
> * cvs [export aborted]: cannot open CVS/Entries.Log:
> Permission denied*"

This is symptomatic of anti-virus sofware interfering with the process -
uninstall the AV software and retry.  If the repository, temp directory
or export sandbox are on network drives or a NAS then move them to local
drives.

> I am using cvsnt server 2.5.03

This release is no longer supported.  Patches will only be applied to
2.5.05, however we will still accept bug reports from 2.5.04.

> Can someone help me out?
>
> Here is my export script.

@"C:Progra~1cvsntcvs" -d d:CvsDatageneric export -r HEAD -d ...

You are using :local: mode - this is really only for internal developer
use, in future it'd be better to NOT run ANYTHING on the server and use
a client with a real client protocol.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett