[cvsnt] CVS Login Password with @ in it

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Jun 3 07:57:54 BST 2009

Michael,

Please be sure to reply to the newsgroup - not me personally.

> I have tried:
> cvs login -p pas at word
> cvs login -ppas at word
>
> and both of them still prompt me for a password.

Which version of CVSNT client are you using (cvs ver)?

I know it works with CVS Suite (available from the web site AUD$170.85,
and we even have a support team in Sydney):

$ cvs -d :pserver:debiancvs:/cvs logout
Logging out of :pserver:abarrett at debiancvs:2401:/cvs

$ cvs -d :pserver:debiancvs:/cvs rls
Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password
cvs [rls aborted]: authorization failed: server debiancvs rejected
access to /cvs

$ cvs -d :pserver:debiancvs:/cvs login -p 1%&@o^$4
Logging in to :pserver:abarrett at debiancvs:2401:/cvs

$ cvs -d :pserver:debiancvs:/cvs rls
Listing modules on server

CVSROOT
.
.
.

If you are not using the 2.5.04 or the 2.5.05 testing release then I
recommend you upgrade.  We would apply any fix to 2.5.05.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett