[cvsnt] CVS Login Password with @ in it

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Jun 5 03:43:01 BST 2009

HI Michael,

> I am using TortoiseCVS version 1.6.14 as the client
> installation which says it installs the following version of cvs:
>
> CVS version: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.41a
> (client/server)

TortoiseCVS is a GUI not a client - CVSNT is the client used by
TortoiseCVS.

Version 2.0.41 is not supported (it's over 5 years old), please upgrade
to 2.5.04.

Upgrading from old such extremely old versions can be dangerous - I
strongly recommend you uninstall rather than 'upgrade'.

The easiest way to upgrade is to download the 'fat' installer from the
main cvsnt download page - it includes TortoiseCVS, WinMerge, WinCVS etc
or if all you want is TortoiseCVS you could get TortoiseCVS 1.10 from
their own site which I think includes CVSNT 2.5.04.
http://march-hare.com/cvspro/#downcvsnt

Regards,

Arthur Barrett