[cvsnt] linefeed expected: got 13

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Jun 23 22:43:33 BST 2009

> > 4) Try to access the repository on the windows cvs server. Its fine.
> > 5) Even if I check out the module. Its fine.
> > 6) but the problem arises when I check out based on a tag. I get the
> > following error
> >
> >    cvs [server aborted]: linefeed expected in
> > E:/gsscvs/gss_final/ONSITEDEV/gmac-gdp.js_dealer,v (got 13)
>
> This implies that your repository is corrupted.

A couple of observations:

1) it appears as though you are using :local: - this is really for
developers only, but if you really know what you are doing then it is OK
at this point, but not for much longer (we will be deprecating it soon).

2) Do you have access to the 'original' server?  Can you checkout
gmac-gdp.js_dealer in Trunk/HEAD and on the same branch?  It's not at
all unusual for CVS repositories to have corruption on branches/old
revisions if they are accessed with :local: over a file share like Samba
or NFS - it often goes for years without being detected (corruption is
extremely rare/unheard of provided you do not use :local: and you store
the repository on a 'local' physical hard disk).

Regards,

Arthur