[cvsnt] Unable to configure username/password check in/out

Bharath S bharathpace at gmail.com
Wed May 20 11:12:18 BST 2009

Hi Friends

I installed CVS nt from CVSNT 2.5.03.2382 Stable SERVER setup file
.

I have already installed wincvs from
http://www.wincvs.org/download.html#wincvs_recommended

When ever i go to the commandline and try to create a user or password like
cvs passwd -a <accountname> where account name is my nt login id

I am getting the message no connection could be made because the target
machine actively refused it.

2) Also when I am checking out using cvs co cvsroot I am getting the same
error. I have set the cvsroot using -d and also in the environment variables

If I try through wincvs admin/login and set the root directory and password
below it is giving normal aborted with code 0. I am unable to create a login

 Please help as this urgently required.

Thanks
Bharath