[cvsnt] cvs trial version not starting

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed May 20 21:38:39 BST 2009

Bharath,

>  I have downloaded cvs suite studio from the url
> http://march-hare.com/cvspro/ and I think this is the latest
> free download

Remember that if you are setting up your own server you need to download
the server and the client (you've already got the client) and if you are
installing both the server and client on one PC then you need to install
them in the order: 1) client 2) server.

> Also it is taking a a lot of time to start still showing
> starting ... once i
> installed the machine. (screen shot attached)

The screenshot you sent shows that it is waiting for you to click on
'use free' or 'upgrade to suite'.

> And pls guide me how can i configure roles and permissions

1) install client ( done )
2) install server
3) create server repository using control panel: CVSNT
4) make no other changes to CVSNT server control panel
5) start CVS Suite Studio
6) on left side 'open' your new server repository (if you can't see it
STOP HERE)
7) drag folders to import from the right to the left and 'drop' on the
new repository
8) right click folders on right to set permissions
9) drag folders to checkout from the left to the right and 'drop' on
some 'new' folder
10) make changes to files on PC
11) right click PC files or folders to 'CVS->Commit'

> Please tell me whether this cvssuite studio 2.5.04.3236 can
> be integrated with visual studio.net 2005/2008.

This is NOT included in the trial - it is in the 'full' version, if you
need more information please contact sales at march-hare.com:
http://march-hare.com/cvsnt/features/scci/en.asp

Regards,

Arthur