[cvsnt] Question regarding CVSROOT path corruption
arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Sat May 30 23:21:30 BST 2009
I think you forgot to post to cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
> When I looked at the manual, it seems to indicate that it would be a
> valid CVSROOT.
That is the old 'local' protocol which I've been threatening to disable
for some time now. If I do move this further I'll probably start with
removing all references to it from the documentation.
What I really should have written to Mark is the same thing I wrote to
1) install client from here (includes graphical and command line
2) install server from here:
3) create server repository using control panel: CVSNT
4) make no other changes to CVSNT server control panel
5) start CVS Suite Studio
6) on left side 'open' your new server repository (if you can't see it
7) drag folders to import from the right to the left and 'drop' on the
8) right click folders on right to set permissions
9) drag folders to checkout from the left to the right and 'drop' on
some 'new' folder
10) make changes to files on PC
11) right click PC files or folders to 'CVS->Commit'
I think this is going to have to end up on the web site somewhere as a
'quick start' guide to 2.5.04...
More information about the cvsnt