[cvsnt] Precommand on rename

CPC CVS cvsnt at control-pt.com
Thu Apr 15 17:34:10 BST 2010

For various reasons, I do not want my users to be able to perform a "cvs
rename" or "cvs remove" command. I have solved the "remove" problem by
adding a line in precommand that checks the name of the command and returns
a failure if the command is "remove". However, when I tried to add "rename"
to that check, it didn't work. It appears as though precommand is not being
run for the "cvs rename" command. Is this true? Is there anywhere else on
the server side that I can check for a "rename" command and deny it?

Thanks.

- ryan