[cvsnt] CVS Watch - Edit file once at a time

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue May 4 05:54:29 BST 2010

Jandir,

Thanks for reporting this error.

As a workaround please create a local group called 'Users' and
re-install.

> "An error ocurred while applying security settings. Users is
> not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the
> package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on
> the network. Check your network connection and click Retry,
> or Cancel to end the install."
>
> My machine is a Windows XP SP3, Intel Core Duo 2.93GHz, 1,94 RAM.
>
> This same message came up whether I'm loged in with the local
> administrator
> user or with an user from an domain (which has administrative
> privileges).

The installer assumes there is a local group named 'Users' and
'Everyone' - your PC does not have this (though it is a 'standard'
group).

We'll look for an alternative solution and update the installer.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett