[Cvsnt] Enabling pserver

Terris terris at terris.com
Fri Dec 14 21:04:25 GMT 2001

pserver with impersonation works for me only in the absoultely latest cvsnt
beta release.

pserver without impersonation means that cvs.exe runs under the account
that's running the 'cvs' service.  This means you can not have per-user
access control based on filesystem permissions.

The latest cvsnt beta release has access control lists which allows you to
have per-user access control without using impersonation.

Because pserver doesn't encrypt passwords very well, I suggest that you turn
SystemAuth=no and make your CVS users have different passwords from their
domain passwords.

The instructions at devguy will eventually contain all of this information.

news:OF519F57F5.DA898B88-ON80256B22.003312AA at transware.ie...