[Cvsnt] Ampersand modules question

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Dec 14 23:36:22 GMT 2001

Tony,
I have discovered what I think might be a problem with cvsnt, but I am
not exactly sure. I am running 1.10.8 still.
I have created a module in the modules file consisting of one "real"
module and two modules that are really directories in another module.
Here are my modules file entries:
SSCommon SSReceiver/Source/common
SSDocs SSReceiver/Doc
StingPlus &StingPlusBase &SSCommon &SSDocs

As you will note the module StingPlus references SSCommon and SSDocs
defined in lines above. When I check this module out (via WinCvs 1.2)
all is fine, the subdirectories get created as expected.
But now to my problems:

1) At first I did not have the SSDocs module defined so I had checked
out without this module as ampersand module. Then I added it to the
modules file and tried to update my already checked out working copy
setting the "create missing dir.." option in the process. But it did
not work, I still do not get the extra dir.
So I decided to check it out anew to another sandbox, and this time
the SSDocs dir appeared with all its contents.
Is update not supposed to work on ampersand modules?

2) Then I decided to keep the newly checked out module so I wanted to
release the previous one with the flag "remove files" checked. But
this resulted in the following error in WinCvs:

cvs -z9 release -d StingPlus (in directory C:\Engineering\Projects\)
You have [0] altered files in this repository.
Are you sure you want to release (and delete) directory `StingPlus':
cvs release: deletion of directory StingPlus failed: Permission denied
*****CVS exited normally with code 0*****

And after this there are some files remaining in my sandbox, but some
are gone. Is this "Permission denied" a CVS problem or maybe WinCvs?